Monday, July 5, 2010

Rant/Update

The title is pretty self explanatory. I haven't had much internet time as I'd like to have, so I could push out some good articles on here. I don't have internet in my Apartment due to lack of funds =(, that will change once I start my semester at Truman College here in Chicago. But I have some news though!

I'm coming out with an "Action Page" soon for the blog. It'll have the names of brands who use Processed Free Glutamic Acid, their contact information and a letter template which I'll create which will ask, very specifically, why they use free glutamate (asking "why do you use processed free glutamic acid" versus "why do you use MSG"). It will also include a second letter citing the VARIOUS scientific sources which state exactly how harmful their ingredient is. This is all to provide you with the only reasonable response "oh we didn't know how harmful it was, we'll rectify the issue" rather leaving the companies a way out in stating "there's no scientific evidence that supports your claim" or something to that effect.

For my personal news...



I've decided to go ahead and submit to my calling to the technology field as a career choice, Computer Systems/Network Analyst in particular. I decided that if I pursue a degree in nutritional studies, I would more than likely have to be employed by the same people I'm completely against, industrialized hospitals, doctors who treat but never cure and maybe even some big name food companies. Realistically a Nutritionist or Dietitian who would never say "take these supplements" and "stop taking the meds you got here (in the hospital I'd work in)" probably wouldn't enjoy a fruitful career. None-the-less a Personal Trainer who is completely against all supplements and fad calorie or "energy" gels & bars probably wouldn't get far either. My recommendation for a multi-vitamin is a crap ton of great veggies and fruits juiced raw and consumed within the minute.

On the bright side of this realization I'd finally be employed in a position where I could use the deductive reasoning, logic, technical research and problem-solving skills I have. Yay constant mental challenge! =D

With any luck (and a good educational background) I'd be good enough to work for the Gerson Institute doing my best, to support them and their efforts, with any technology needs =).